The Bleemeo Community Edition is the Open Source and self hosted version of the Bleemeo monitoring solution.
- Prometheus compatible
Glouton exposes a Prometheus metric endpoint and SquirrelDB supports remote Prometheus storage and PromQL queries.
- Robust and horizontally scalable
SquirrelDB and the Ingestor are designed to be scalable.
- Push model
A push model instead of the Prometheus pull model makes data collection more firewall friendly and easier to scale.
All communications can be encrypted and authenticated.
It is composed of three main components:
- Glouton: a powerful monitoring agent, that exposes relevant metrics about your system and all services and containers running on your server.
- SquirrelDB: a scalable and highly available timeseries database.
- SquirrelDB Ingestor: forward metrics sent by Glouton over MQTT, a standard messaging system, to SquirrelDB.
And some third party components:
- Cassandra: a distributed database used for SquirrelDB long term storage.
- NATS: a high-performance messaging system used as a MQTT broker by Glouton to send its metrics. The MQTT protocol is much lighter in terms of resources and bandwidth than HTTP, which is commonly used in Prometheus.
- Grafana: display the metrics and provide alerting.
Install and configure these components to have a fully working monitoring infrastructure.